Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
Tangy blue and sharp cheddar cheese combined with potatoes in a rich, creamy sauce.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 44.37 ml butter, melted
- 473.18 ml whipping cream
- 473.18 ml milk
- 4.92 ml ground nutmeg
- 1587.57 g russet potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced
- 118.29 ml blue cheese, crumbled
- 118.29 ml sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Rub garlic and butter over inside of 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Add cream, milk and nutmeg to saucepan; bring to simmer.
- Arrange potato slices in 1 layer in dish. Season with salt and pepper. Repeat layering with remaining potatoes, seasoning each layer with salt and pepper.
- Pour cream mixture over potatoes. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake until potatoes are tender and top is deep golden, about 1 hour 45 minutes.
- Cool slightly before serving.
Yum! These are really good and they smell wonderful while they are cooking. I used my mandoline to slice the potatoes since I'm such a klutz otherwise and they cooked evenly throughout. The blue cheese adds a great flavor to this gratin. Thanks Nick's Mom.