Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
A creamy dip with tangy blue cheese and sweet carmelized omions
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-low heat until hot. Cook onion about 20 minutes or until deep golden brown, stirring occasionally. Cool.
- Whisk mayonnaise and sour cream in medium bowl.
- Add blue cheese. With spatula, mash until smooth.
- Stir in onions, salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours to blend flavors. Serve chilled or at room temperature.