Recipe by Barefoot Beachcomber
Even people that don't normally like blue cheese, like this
Top Review by Sackville
I liked this, although I thought it was missing "a little something". Next time, I might make a thick white cheese sauce, mixed with some roasted garlic paste, for the base sauce. I felt just the paste meant it was a touch too dry. I also found my base cooked much more quickly than indicated in the recipe (about 10 minutes total) so watch carefully! I carmelised the onions on the stovetop and they were delicious. I like the slightly sweet taste and how it mixes with the blue cheese. Thanks for a unique combination of ingredients.
- 2 medium onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 thin pizza crust
- 1⁄4 cup roasted garlic, puree
- 4 ounces blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (drained if packed in oil)
Directions See How It's Made
- Thinly slice onions and place in a heat proof dish.
- Dot with butter, add vinegar and brown sugar.
- Bake, covered in foil, for 45 minutes at 350.
- Stir and continue cooking until brown and caramelised.
- This part can be made days ahead, just cover and chill.
- When ready to use, bring to room temperature.
- Spread garlic puree on unbaked crust.
- Cover with onions.
- Bake at 450 for about 13 minutes.
- Add crumbled blue cheese and tomatoes.
- Bake for about 3 minutes.
- Cut into slices and serve.