Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another one for those Atkins lovers out there... :o) From his new diet cookbook. Sounds scrummy!
Make and share this Blue Cheese and Bacon Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 25 g butter
- 2 leeks (white part only, halved lengthways, washed well and chopped)
- 50 g sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 small cauliflower, broken into florets
- 350 ml chicken stock
- 75 g blue cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Heat butter in large saucepan over med heat until foam subsides.
- Add leeks, mushrooms and cauliflower.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Add stock and bring to boil.
- Lower heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a food processor.
- Add blue cheese and puree for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Serve immediately with crumbled bacon on top.
I substituted broccoli for the cauliflower and onion for the leeks - it was still fantastic and had a nice green color from the broccoli!