Recipe by KellyMac6
I got this recipe from the package of my Treasure Cave brand blue cheese. I'm always looking for a new way to prepare vegetables and we love asparagus!
- 2 lbs asparagus
- 1 (8 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained, juices reserved
- 1 tablespoon reserved mandarin orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill a large bowl with ice water and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add the asparagus and cook until crisp-tender.
- Drain the asparagus and plunge into the ice bath for 1 minute, then drain and set aside.
- Whisk together the orange juice and olive oil.
- Toss the asparagus, blue cheese and oranges together and drizzle over the dressing.
- Toss gently and sprinkle with salt to taste.