Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is what happens when a woman tries to loose weight...she cracks and throws all of her favorite things into one big saute pan! Juicy chicken thighs smothered in a warm, tangy alfredo-style sauce. Not for the faint of heart!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup light blue cheese dressing
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- seasoning salt
- Sprinkle thighs with seasoning salt (the chicken's-not yours) and saute in 2 tbs butter or margarine over medium-high heat until cooked through and nicely browned. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Lower heat to medium-low and add 2 tbs butter and allow to melt. Pour in heavy cream. When heated through, add romano cheese, sour cream and blue cheese dressing.
- Whisk all sauce ingredients together and allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Place chicken back into sauce and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Serve immediately -- awesome over mashed potatoes.
If you love blue cheese than you will like this recipe! The blue cheese gives a nice zip to the alfredo sauce. I served over fettuccine noodles, but the idea of serving over mashed potatoes sounds delicious! The only problem I had was after it sat a few minutes, oil started separating from the sauce. It could of been the blue cheese dressing I used that may have made it do that. But overall it was very good! Thanks for making up this delicious recipe!