1/3 Photos of Blue Cactus Margaritas
Angela Dawn's Note:
It's not technically a margarita. I made this drink up all on my lonesome. It's great at BBQs or with spicy Mexican food. I've been making cactus pear margaritas for a long time, but I added a little blue.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To make Prickley Pear Margarita Mix:.
- 2In a blender add your bottle (1 liter) of Margarita mix. I usually just cut the cactus pears in half and scoop out the pink flesh. Add the fruit's flesh to the blender and blend until smooth.
- 3Strain mixture through a fine sieve or rice strainer. Press the pulp down to get any remaining liquid out.
- 4I usually pour strained mix back into margarita mix bottle and use the little left in the bottom of the container to make my first drink.
- 5For each drink:.
- 6Fill shaker half full of ice.
- 7Add 2 oz tequila, 3/4 oz blue curacao and the juice of half a lime.
- 8Shake well and strain into a 12 ounce glass that's been dipped in margarita salt and packed with ice. Pour Prickly Pear Margarita mix to the top and serve.
- 9Garnish with lime.
- 10Should make about 8 drinks.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blue Cactus Margaritas
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 10.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: