It's not technically a margarita. I made this drink up all on my lonesome. It's great at BBQs or with spicy Mexican food. I've been making cactus pear margaritas for a long time, but I added a little blue.
- To make Prickley Pear Margarita Mix:.
- In a blender add your bottle (1 liter) of Margarita mix. I usually just cut the cactus pears in half and scoop out the pink flesh. Add the fruit's flesh to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain mixture through a fine sieve or rice strainer. Press the pulp down to get any remaining liquid out.
- I usually pour strained mix back into margarita mix bottle and use the little left in the bottom of the container to make my first drink.
- For each drink:.
- Fill shaker half full of ice.
- Add 2 oz tequila, 3/4 oz blue curacao and the juice of half a lime.
- Shake well and strain into a 12 ounce glass that's been dipped in margarita salt and packed with ice. Pour Prickly Pear Margarita mix to the top and serve.
- Garnish with lime.
- Should make about 8 drinks.