Recipe by Geema
This is another one of Burt Greene's delicious vegetable recipes. The simple addition of blue cheese and walnuts makes humble broccoli into a special occasion dish.
Top Review by Merlot
This is a lovely dish that will surely please your guests. It's simple to make but elegant enough for any dinner party. We loved the additon of the walnuts...a very nice touch. You did it again Geema.....thanks for sharing.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs broccoli, cut into flowerets
- 4 ounces blue cheese
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the broccoli in boiling water for no more than 4 minutes, until barely tender.
- Drain and refresh under cool running water.
- Mash the blue cheese with the cram in a small bowl until fairly smooth.
- Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and the walnuts.
- Cook, stirring, until lightly browned.
- Add the broccoli and the cheese and continue cooking on the heat just until warmed through.