Recipe by magpie diner
I like having a baked brie at parties, always nice to find a new way to do it. This came via a demo table at my local grocery store a few years back. Dried blueberries can be quite expensive, I wonder if you could just dry your own in the oven. They should be easy enough to find in the bulk section and they do 'make' the dish so you can't leave them out. Nice for a special occassion (when calories don't count!). Serve with a selection of crackers or sliced baguette.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the brown sugar, pecans and blueberries in a bowl. Sprinkle the mixture with just enough water to moisten.
- Cut the top off the brie and score lightly in a criss-cross pattern. Place the brie in an oven safe shallow dish or bowl.
- Place the blueberry mixture over the top of the brie. Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and heated through (test in teh middle as you would a cake, it 'should' come out gooey.
- Serve right out of the oven, lifting the brie onto a serving platter and surrounding it with crackers or bread.
- Microwave option: microwave on high for 3 minutes, reheat as necessary.