Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great salad. For years I looked for a good raisin salad and this one sure fit the bill.
Make and share this Blue Boar's Carrot and Raisin Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb carrot, shredded fine
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2⁄3 cup diced celery
- 3 tablespoons pineapple juice, plus
- 1 teaspoon pineapple juice, plus
- additional cut-up pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Shred all the carrots; set aside.
- Combine raisins, celery, pineapple juice, pineapple, mayonnaise, salt and sugar.
- Pour over shredded carrots and mix thoroughly.
We enjoyed this salad very much. I did have to make some substitutions however. Dry cranberries instead of raisins; 2 tablespoons lemon juice, I had no pineapple or pineapple juice, through in some walnuts for added crunch. Next time I will follow your recipe exactly.