Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came from The Blueberry Murder Mystery by Joanne Fluke.
Make and share this Blue Blueberry Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line muffin tin with paper liners.
- Melt butter.
- Mix sugar into melted butter and then add beaten eggs, baking powder and salt.
- Mix well.
- Place fresh/frozen blueberries in a bag with 1 tablespoon flour and toss until coated and set aside.
- Add 1 cup of flour and 1/4 cup of milk to sugar mixture.
- Mix well and then add last of flour and milk, again mixing well.
- Add blueberry pie filling (it will be blue).
- Fold in fresh/frozen blueberries.
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 way full and then set aside.
- -CrumbTopping- Mix flour and sugar together.
- Cut in butter and mix until crumbly.
- Place topping on top of muffins.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack for 30 mins and then enjoy.
These are fantastic!! The sweet, slightly crunchy topping is delicious! I would recommend spraying the muffin pan even if using the muffin cups because they do tend to spill out over the edge & can be hard to extract.
These muffins are delicious even though I did have some difficulty with the recipe. It says that it makes 12 muffins, but I got 16 muffins. It's important to not overfill the muffin cups, otherwise the topping will overflow into the oven and burn and smoke will come billowing out of the oven (not that I would know anything about this....) I also found that it worked better to bake the muffins at 350 instead of 375. The other thing is that I used only about half of the topping, so I recommend only making half of the topping for one batch of muffins. Otherwise, we loved these muffins! They are sweet and moist and the pie filling really intensifies the blueberry flavor. My husband took some to work to share with his coworkers and they were devoured.
this is awesome! had to make another batch, because they disappeared in 15 minutes. i froze the leftover blueberry pie filling in paper cupcake liner and put in freezer.