Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
The nutty flavor of the blue potatoes and the blue cheese adds a new twist to a traditional side dish. You can leave the peels on or take them off.
- 6 medium blue potatoes
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon crumbled blue cheese
- 1 bunch scallion, green part only,chopped
- white pepper
- Steam blue potatoes for 40 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain potatoes and place in large bowl.
- In a pan, bring cream and butter to a boil-- remove from heat immediately.
- Mash cooked potatoes in the large bowl.
- Fold cream and butter into potatoes with a rubber spatula.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Fold in blue cheese and scallions.
We liked these enough to keep the recipe handy! Next time I will add a small amount of red pepper flakes, we like things a little warm. Thanks for a good recipe!