Recipe by Sandi (From CA)
Finally I can make my own - and so much better/fresher than store-bought! I prefer them without the almonds....more cheese! Prep time doesn't include 2-day fridge marination time. Courtesy of Emeril.
- 24 slivered almonds
- Emeril's Original Essence
- 1 (10 ounce) jarlarge pitted green olives (about 24 olives)
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 10 whole black peppercorns
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the almonds in a small baking sheet and lightly season with Essence.
- Roast until fragrant and light golden in color, about 6 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Drain the olives, reserving the brine.
- Form 1/2 teaspoon of blue cheese around each almond sliver and stuff each into an olive.
- Return the olives to their jar, layering with the garlic and peppercorns. Pour the reserved brine over the olives to completely cover. Tightly cover and shake well.
- Let marinate refrigerated and sealed for at least 2 days.