Recipe by ThatBobbieGirl
Finally! I found out how to make a wonderful bleu cheese dressing at home. I've tried so many, with all kinds of ingredients, but none of them came out wonderful until this one! And it's so simple, anyone can make it and feel like a real gor-may type chef! I usually use light (not the non-fat)mayo and sour cream and it's incredibly rich.
Top Review by HEP MEP
Hello, ThatBobbieGirl. I made a batch of this for my own personal salad on Christmas Eve, and it is really good,for such an easy thing. I may have processed mine too long,because it was a little runny,but I threw in a LOT of bleu cheese,more cracked pepper than called for,and for some wonderful reason, I bought a really good,ripe lemon, for a change,which really "Tanged" it up. I know I will be making this again,VERY soon! Thank you so much!
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄3 cup blue cheese, crumbled (or more)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, pepper, salt and half of the bleu cheese in food processor or blender.
- Process until well combined.
- Remove to storage container, and stir in remaining bleu cheese.
- If too thick, stir in milk or water until of desired consistency.
- On the off chance you've got any left over, store tightly covered in the refrigerator for no more than 5 days.
- Not that it will be likely to stay around that long.