Finally! I found out how to make a wonderful bleu cheese dressing at home. I've tried so many, with all kinds of ingredients, but none of them came out wonderful until this one! And it's so simple, anyone can make it and feel like a real gor-may type chef! I usually use light (not the non-fat)mayo and sour cream and it's incredibly rich.
- Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, pepper, salt and half of the bleu cheese in food processor or blender.
- Process until well combined.
- Remove to storage container, and stir in remaining bleu cheese.
- If too thick, stir in milk or water until of desired consistency.
- On the off chance you've got any left over, store tightly covered in the refrigerator for no more than 5 days.
- Not that it will be likely to stay around that long.