Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My mom has always made this cheese ball on every holiday since I was young. It is a big hit with my family!
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 1 blue cheese (I buy treasure cove)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (12 ounce) can black olives, chopped (we use 1/2 - 1 full can)
- Mix cheeses& butter together until creamy.
- Add chopped olives and mix.
- Form ball and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve with crackers like triscuits.
Ok, I had to go with the most basic form of this recipe, no olives, no bacon. I did roll the ball in ground almonds when I was done mixing it up. Well, the cheese ball is supposed to be for tomorrow...I just hope there is enough left by then. It's fabulous! Thanks for sharing this keeper!
I'm only giving this 4 stars because I changed the recipe. We had a guest coming who I knew HATES black olives (gasp!)....but I really thought this sounded good, so I used finely chopped cooked bacon. And oh, baby, was it GOOD!
Oh, boy, is this stuff good! I used a full 8 ounces of bleu because we just love it. The addition of butter was, indeed, a good idea. It's very creamy even when chilled. Taking another member's suggestion, I sprayed my hands with cooking spray before making the mixture into a ball. This worked nicely as I didn't end up with a lot of cheese on my hands. Thanks for posting this. We will have it many more times.