Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
A different burger for warm weather Q’ing.
- 3⁄4 lb ground chicken
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup dry unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 4 poppy seed rolls
Blue Onion Sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped vidalia onions
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Make the Blue Onion Sauce: whisk together all the ingredients in a bowl; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Make the burgers: in a large bowl, mix the ground chicken, egg, cheese, and breadcrumbs (salt and pepper, if needed) together until ingredients are well distributed.
- Form mixture into 4 equal-sized patties.
- Heat a large skillet that has been coated with cooking spray over medium heat.
- Pan-fry burgers, turning once, until cooked through; about 4 minutes per side.
- Do not press down on the burgers with a spatula or they will become dry.
- Set burger patty on roll bottom; top patty with about 1 tablespoons Blue Onion Sauce, then set roll top.