Recipe by Ceezie
You can use the filling with a pie crust too. Just follow the first part of the directions and instead top with the pie crust baking for at least 30 min. The fruit should be bubbling and thickened.
- blue agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 1⁄4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup instant oats
- 3⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cut into bits, divided
- 3 tablespoons blue agave nectar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Gently mix the fruit, agave nectar, lemon peel and corn starch until the corn starch has dissolved. Spoon this into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Mix together the flour, oats, wheat germ and salt. Cut in 5 tablespoons of the butter till the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the agave syrup with a fork. Toss it evenly over the fruit and dot the top with the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter.
- Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes. The streusel should be golden brown and the fruit bubbling and somewhat thickened.