This comes from Rachael Ray's Big Orange Book. Fabulous flavors in this sandwich! Bacon, lettuce, sun-dried tomato jam and a seared tuna steak. This was a big hit at my house. I loved the tomato jam, DH and DS thought it would be better with just a thick slice of fresh tomato. The recipe specified the dry pack type of sun-dried tomatoes. I had some packed in oil and vinegar and just drained and used those. I also roughly chopped them rather than leave them whole.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Jam
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- salt and pepper
For the sandwich
- 1Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- 2Arrange the bacon on a broiler pan and bake until crisp, about 15 - 20 minutes. (I just cooked mine in the microwave).
- 3Heat 1 T. oil in a small saucepan to medium high. Add the onions and garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- 4Cook for 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Add the sun dried tomatoes, Worcestershire, vinegar, brown sugar and 1/2 cup water.
- 6Stir well. Bring to a boil and reduce heat and simmer for about 7-8 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- 7Season the tuna with grill seasoning, zest and rosemary.
- 8Place a skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 T. olive oil.
- 9Sear the tuna steaks for about 2 minutes per side for rare fish or about 4 minutes per side for cooked through fish.
- 10While fish cooks, toast the rolls.
- 11Drizzle the rolls with a little olive oil.
- 12Place 2 lettuce leaves on each roll.
- 13Top with seared tuna, 2 strips of bacon, and a big spoon ful of tomato jam. Place tops on rolls.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BLTt Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 478.6
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 73.9 mg
- Sodium 730.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 34.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
McCormick grill seasoning