BLT With Chipotle Mayonnaise
For the Chipotle Mayo
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chipotle pepper, minced (canned, in adobo sauce)
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
For the BLT
- 4 thick slices fresh sourdough bread (or bread of choice)
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp
- 4 slices crisp tomatoes
- 2 leaves lettuce (green leaf, red leaf or Romaine work best)
- 2 tablespoons chipotle mayonnaise (recipe above)
- For the Chipotle Mayo: Combine ingredients in small mixing bowl; set aside.
- For the BLT: Lightly toast sourdough bread slices.
- Spread Chipotle Mayo over both slices of bread. Layer lettuce, then tomato slices (2 per sandwich) and finally bacon slices on top of bread. Place remaining slice of sourdough on top to complete the sandwich. Repeat for second sandwich.