Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Self magazine.
- 1 extra ripe avocado
- 29.58 ml fresh lemon juice
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.59 ml cayenne pepper
- 8 slice turkey bacon
- 8 slice whole wheat bread
- 8 leaf romaine lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 12 slices
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Combine spread ingredients in a bowl. Mash until smooth and set aside.
- Prepare bacon as directed on package; drain thoroughly on paper towels.
- Toast bread. Place 4 slices on 4 plates. Spread an equal amount of avocado spread on each slice.
- Top each with 1/4 of the bacon, lettuce, tomato and onion. Cover with another slice of toast.
- Cut sandwiches in half and serve immediately.
I didn't have the turkey bacon so I used regular, it was great! Thanks for this great version of BLT!
Yesterday, we had our first BLT of the tomato season. Alas, with turkey bacon, light mayo, & whole wheat my BLT did not resemble those of years gone by. This recipe made moving to turkey bacon much easier. While I have to say that I shall miss my old BLT with smoked pork bacon & mayonnaise on light bread, this did put a smile on my face! Eating healthier is not for wimps!!!
These were great! I used turkey bacon, and they came out just amazing. Boyfriend loved them too!