From Self magazine.
Make and share this BLT With Avocado Spread recipe from Food.com.
- Combine spread ingredients in a bowl. Mash until smooth and set aside.
- Prepare bacon as directed on package; drain thoroughly on paper towels.
- Toast bread. Place 4 slices on 4 plates. Spread an equal amount of avocado spread on each slice.
- Top each with 1/4 of the bacon, lettuce, tomato and onion. Cover with another slice of toast.
- Cut sandwiches in half and serve immediately.
I didn't have the turkey bacon so I used regular, it was great! Thanks for this great version of BLT!
Yesterday, we had our first BLT of the tomato season. Alas, with turkey bacon, light mayo, & whole wheat my BLT did not resemble those of years gone by. This recipe made moving to turkey bacon much easier. While I have to say that I shall miss my old BLT with smoked pork bacon & mayonnaise on light bread, this did put a smile on my face! Eating healthier is not for wimps!!!
These were great! I used turkey bacon, and they came out just amazing. Boyfriend loved them too!