Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another Taste of Home recipe...I think I'm going to use chicken instead of turkey. A pre-made rotisserie chicken from the grocery store is easy to use in recipes like this.
- 6 cups torn romaine lettuce or 6 cups green leaf lettuce
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 slices bacon, strips cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first nine ingredients.
- Just before serving, whisk dressing ingredients.
- Pour over salad mixture and toss to coat.
Tasty! I really liked this salad. My 8 yr old son made this for us and he gave it 5 stars! I think it would be great to take to a BBQ Or potluck. I didn't have any cooked turkey on hand and didn't want to make a turkey. So I used turkey deli meat. I really loved the salad dressing. I like how you can kind of adjust it to your family's tastes. My DH had plain ranch on his salad but he still really liked the combination of flavors. Thanks so much I would make again! Made for Fall PAC 2008