Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this BLT Turkey Burger Clubs recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (plus extra for drizzling)
- 5 slices smoky bacon
- 1 small leek
- 3⁄4 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 tablespoon McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 6 -8 soft sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 vine-ripe tomato, thinly sliced
- 6 slices white bread
- 1⁄2 cup soft cheese spread with herbs (such as Alouette or Boursin)
- 1⁄4 cup cream or 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- black pepper
- 4 lettuce leaves (green leaf or bibb)
- Heat a nonstick skillet with a drizzle of oil over medium to med-high heat.
- Chop one slice of bacon and add it to the pan.
- While the bacon cooks, trim the tough green tops from the leek; halve the leek lengthwise, and thinly slice it into half-moons.
- Place the slices in a colander and rinse vigorously with running water, separating the layers to release the grit.
- Dry the leeks on a clean kitchen towel; and add them to the browned chopped bacon.
- Wilt the leeks for 2-3 minutes; then transfer them and the bacon pieces to a plate to cool.
- Return skillet to stove over low heat; add in 2 tablespoons oil.
- Put turkey in a bowl; add in grill seasoning, sun-dried tomatoes, and cooled-to-handle leeks and bacon; mix well.
- Form mixture into 2 very large patties no thicker than 1 inch (the patties will hang just off the sides of the bread once cooked).
- Increase heat under oil; add in the patties; cook for 6 minutes on each side.
- Heat a second skillet over med-high heat; add in the remaining bacon slices; cook bacon until crisp; transfer to paper-towel lined plate to drain.
- Season sliced tomatoes with salt.
- Place the sliced bread under the broiler; toast for 1 minute on each side.
- In a food processor, combine the herbed cheese, cream, and pepper.
- Build sandwiches: toasted bread slice, burger patty, herbed cheese sauce, bread, bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, herbed cheese sauce, and bread.