My Private Note
huge sa ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (plus extra for drizzling)
- 5 slices smoky bacon
- 1 small leek
- 3/4 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 tablespoon McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 6 -8 soft sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 vine-ripe tomato, thinly sliced
- 6 slices white bread
- 1/2 cup soft cheese spread with herbs (such as Alouette or Boursin)
- 1/4 cup cream or 1/4 cup half-and-half
- black pepper
- 4 lettuce leaves (green leaf or bibb)
- 1Heat a nonstick skillet with a drizzle of oil over medium to med-high heat.
- 2Chop one slice of bacon and add it to the pan.
- 3While the bacon cooks, trim the tough green tops from the leek; halve the leek lengthwise, and thinly slice it into half-moons.
- 4Place the slices in a colander and rinse vigorously with running water, separating the layers to release the grit.
- 5Dry the leeks on a clean kitchen towel; and add them to the browned chopped bacon.
- 6Wilt the leeks for 2-3 minutes; then transfer them and the bacon pieces to a plate to cool.
- 7Return skillet to stove over low heat; add in 2 tablespoons oil.
- 8Put turkey in a bowl; add in grill seasoning, sun-dried tomatoes, and cooled-to-handle leeks and bacon; mix well.
- 9Form mixture into 2 very large patties no thicker than 1 inch (the patties will hang just off the sides of the bread once cooked).
- 10Increase heat under oil; add in the patties; cook for 6 minutes on each side.
- 11Heat a second skillet over med-high heat; add in the remaining bacon slices; cook bacon until crisp; transfer to paper-towel lined plate to drain.
- 12Season sliced tomatoes with salt.
- 13Place the sliced bread under the broiler; toast for 1 minute on each side.
- 14In a food processor, combine the herbed cheese, cream, and pepper.
- 15Build sandwiches: toasted bread slice, burger patty, herbed cheese sauce, bread, bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, herbed cheese sauce, and bread.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BLT Turkey Burger Clubs
Serving Size: 1 (940 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 747.5
- Calories from Fat 322
- Total Fat 35.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 152.3 mg
- Sodium 794.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 53.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
soft cheese spread with herbs