Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have mad this many times to great reviews. I serve it with bread, or crackers. For the bread I just use the Pillsbury French Bread in a tube and after it is baked, I slice the bread thin, but you can slice it to your liking.
- 6 slices bacon, cooked, and crumbled (I use the cooked bacon, just a preference thing) or 1 (3 ounce) can bacon bits (I use the cooked bacon, just a preference thing)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded & chopped
- Combine all ingredients in bowl.
- Stir until blended.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour to blend flavors.
- (This recipe may be prepared up to 3 hours ahead of time).
Well, this certainly got rave review...not only for tasting so good but also the ease of preparation. I too used cooked bacon which I feel really put this over the top. I made it early in the day to allow the flavors to blend and then when my guests arrive, all I had to do is pull it out of the refrigerator. GREAT RECIPES, Becky in Wisconsin, thanks so much for sharing it.
Great spread! I served this to friends and family this weekend to great reviews. I made it one day ahead and that worked great. Thanks Becky for sharing. Made for PAC Spring 2008.