Recipe by ~*Kisha*~
A BLT in a Soup. Found in the Good to Go Cookbook
Top Review by Darkhunter
This was, indeed, delicious. I've often used lettuce in a soup, but this is a great way to move it up a bit. The only addition I made was to use some cheddar cheese, which I added just before serving. A BLT w/C! Thnx for sharing your recipe, ~*Kisha*~. Made for PAC Spring 2010. You've been adopted! http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
- 8 slices bacon, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 -2 stalk celery, chopped
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 dash hot sauce (optional)
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot cook bacon until crisp.
- Transfer bacon to paper towels to drain. When cool enough to handle crumble the bacon. Discard all but 2 tablespoons of the drippings.
- Saute the onions and celery in the pan drippings until soft, about 8 minutes.
- Add the broth, tomatoes, Worcestershire, garlic powder, parsley, pepper, thyme, and hot sauce if desired; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve immediately topped with bacon and shredded lettuce.