Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great tasting soup. Nice and hearty for a fall or winter day. The kids devour this soup, but then again, so do we!
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Coarsely crumble bacon and set aside.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, stir together the tomatoes, broth, white beans and seasoning. Bring to a simmer; stir in vinegar.
- In a small bowl, toss together the leaf lettuce and basil.
- Ladle soup into large bowls, garnish each serving with lettuce/basil mix and bacon.