Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: This recipe is an extra fun way to eat fish! The potatoes really bind the patties together well.
- 1⁄2 cup Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1 (5 ounce) envelope pink salmon
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 onion, grated and juice reserved
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 large tomatoes, cut into 4 slices
- 4 leaves lettuce
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, add the mashed potatoes, salmon, egg, 1/4 cup mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic powder, onion and it's juice, red bell pepper, green onions and 1/3 cup of the panko bread crumbs to a medium bowl. When the bacon has cooled enough to handle, crumble 2 slices into the bowl. Mix with a fork until well-combined.
- Divide the salmon-potato mixture into 4 equal portions and form them into patties. Pour the remaining panko breadcrumbs onto a small plate. Coat each side of the salmon-potato patties with the panko bread crumbs.
- Heat 2 tablespoons each of butter and vegetable oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Cook the patties for 5 minutes per side, or until a crust forms.
- To assemble the sandwiches, place each patty on a bun. Spread 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise on the top bun. Top the patty with one slice of tomato, one lettuce leaf, and one slice of bacon.