Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a little twist on the tradtional BLT Sandwich. I tried it for the first time tonight, and find it tastes wonderful. Adjust the amount of each ingredient to fit your taste.
- 4 slice bread (- i prefer wheat, but any will do)
- deli prepared mustard
- 4 slice hickory smoked bacon, though Turkey bacon would be a good substitute, and use more slices if you'd like
- 2 slice American cheese, but use your favorite
- 2 slice deli salami
- sliced ripened tomatoes
- salt & pepper (optional)
- Cook the bacon in the frying pan.
- Meanwhile, slice up the tomatoes, separate the lettuce, and gather your remaining ingredients.
- Once the bacon is cooked, place it on a few paper towels to absorb the grease.
- Toast your bread and place on plates.
- Put mayo on one half of the sandwich, and mustard on the other half
- Layer your sandwich in any order you prefer with the remaining ingredients- break the bacon in half to make it fit if necessary.
Prepared exactly as written. Very good. Will add an extra slice of salami the next time since we used very thin slices and the taste was barely noticable. Thanks for posting.
This was a good sandwich. A different way to have a BLT. Next time I will leave off the mustard. Thanks VA Navy Wife 06. Bullwinkle.
I left off the salami and cheese on this one to cut some of the fat. Very delicious with the bacon good and crisp.