1/6 Photos of BLT Salad With Creamy Basil Dressing
From Canadian Living magazine. All the flavours of a favourite sandwich tossed together on a plate makes this just as popular when it's a salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/2 baguette
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, torn
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1Dressing: In a bowl, whisk together basil, yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 2In a skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat for about 7 minutes or until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- 3Meanwhile, cut baguette diagonally into 12 slices. Broil on a baking sheet, turning once, for about 1 minute or until golden. Rub both sides with cut sides of garlic. Arrange in serving basket.
- 4Cut tomatoes into 1/2 inch thick wedges. Peel, pit and cut avocado into 1/2 inch cubes.
- 5In a large bowl, toss together lettuce, onion and half of the dressing; arrange on large plates. Top with tomatoes and avocado; spoon remaining dressing over top. Sprinkle with bacon. Serve with garlic toasts.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BLT Salad With Creamy Basil Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (383 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 617.6
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 18.1 mg
- Sodium 968.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 20.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar