Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I love Tomatoes and I love Avacado's. This salad is delicious and best when Tomatoes are in Season. I am always looking for recipes to use my bumper crop of Tomatoes in the Summer and this one is so easy to pull together. You could add some Grilled Chicken for a main course.
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 4 cups of shredded lettuce
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, crisp cooked, crumbled
- 3⁄4 cup crouton, if desired
- In Food Processor, combine all dressing ingredients; beat at low speed just until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours to blend flavors.
- At serving time, arrange salad ingredients on 6 individual plates or toss in large salad bowl.
- Serve with dressing.
Very good change-up in our dinners. I grilled chicken seasoned with lemon-pepper seasoning to put on top of salad. I added some more veggies from the garden to the salad and put cheddar cheese on it. We used the remaining dressing on tortilla chips with salsa. Very nice dinner!