Recipe by ChefDLH
This recipe comes from the Six Sisters. It does not disappoint. There are a lot of BLT salads out there but this one is different. If you have a bite of the bacon, lettuce, tomato and the dressing followed by a bit of crouton and cheese you will feel like you are eating a sandwich. It is so delicious. You must mix it all to have the effect. If you just taste the dressing you may feel like it is just a sweet dressing and if you taste the salad you may feel like it is just a salad with bacon but together....magic. We often need to double this recipe to feed our family as a main meal as we love salad. Enjoy! ChefDLH
- 6 pieces bacon, cooked and diced
- 1 regular package lettuce premium romaine lettuce
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 8 monterey jack cheese sticks, cut into cubes
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (or Miracle Whip, whichever you prefer)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup crouton
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp and cut into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine salad, tomato and cheese.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over your salad or serve on the side. Sprinkle with bacon and croutons.