Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Needs to chill for 2 hours.
Top Review by Angel91805
Oh my!! Another great one, NurseDi! YUM-MY! I made it exactly as written, using elbow macaroni. I will admit, I was not hopeful when I put the bowl in the fridge to chill. It just did not look tasty. BUT, after chilling and a good stir, and after the pasta absorbed most of the juices...well, YUMMY! DH has requested this be added to the "keeper" file. LOL. I think next time, I'll make a bed of lettuce on the each plate instead of mixing the lettuce in. That way if there are leftovers, there won't be lettuce left in there to get soggy. Oh...and you mentioned 8 servings? Not with my DH! Of course, we had this as a meal, not a side. Hehehe. Thanks again!
- 8 ounces pasta noodles (I use elbow macaroni or corkscrew)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 4 cups salad greens
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta noodles according to package directions; rinse and drain.
- In a large bowl, mix together mayonnaise, chili sauce, lemon juice, bouillon, and sugar.
- Add in noodles, tomato, and green onions; mix well to combine.
- Cover and put in refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours.
- Right before ready to serve, add in salad greens, bacon, salt and pepper to taste; mix well to combine.