Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Needs to chill for 2 hours.
Make and share this BLT Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces pasta noodles (I use elbow macaroni or corkscrew)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 4 cups salad greens
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- salt and pepper
- Cook pasta noodles according to package directions; rinse and drain.
- In a large bowl, mix together mayonnaise, chili sauce, lemon juice, bouillon, and sugar.
- Add in noodles, tomato, and green onions; mix well to combine.
- Cover and put in refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours.
- Right before ready to serve, add in salad greens, bacon, salt and pepper to taste; mix well to combine.
Oh my!! Another great one, NurseDi! YUM-MY! I made it exactly as written, using elbow macaroni. I will admit, I was not hopeful when I put the bowl in the fridge to chill. It just did not look tasty. BUT, after chilling and a good stir, and after the pasta absorbed most of the juices...well, YUMMY! DH has requested this be added to the "keeper" file. LOL. I think next time, I'll make a bed of lettuce on the each plate instead of mixing the lettuce in. That way if there are leftovers, there won't be lettuce left in there to get soggy. Oh...and you mentioned 8 servings? Not with my DH! Of course, we had this as a meal, not a side. Hehehe. Thanks again!
Very easy and tasty. Everyone liked this recipe. We even had it for a main course one summer night. The second time I made it I did not have green onions, so I used a red onion. It was fine. I can imagine countless variations of this using olives, cheese, chicken, etc. A keeper for sure!
I used spiral pasta. I didn't have any green onions so I used 1/8 cup chives and 2 tblsp minced onion. My Husband loved this salad ,he went for seconds..I liked the zesty flavor from the chile sauce..For my DH and myself I made this full recipe but only used 1/2 the pasta mixture and added 1/2 the bacon and lettuce for our supper..Now, I have more fresh crispy salad to tomorrow...I know I will be making this BLT Salad often..Thank U NurseDi for another Great recipe.....