Recipe by Euphegenia
I made this salad for the first time today and it was delicious. Even my children, who usually won't eat anything green, loved it. This is a real winner and would be great at a BBQ or a potluck. Enjoy!
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 slices Italian bread
- 12 slices bacon
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large head romaine lettuce
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 475 degrees. Spread 1/4 cup mayonnaise over both sides of bread slices and transfer to baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes, turning halfway through baking. Let cool five minutes, then cut into 1-inch croutons.
- 2. Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until very crisp, about 8 minutes. Transfer to paper towel-lined plate. When cool, crumble into small pieces.
- 3. Whisk together remaining 1/2 cup mayonnaise and vinegar in small bowl. Tear or chop lettuce into small pieces. Place crumbled bacon, tomatoes, lettuce and croutons in large bowl. Add dressing and toss gently to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.