Recipe by Lainey39
This is a light version of the traditional BLT sandwich.
Top Review by Annacia
YUM! I used turkey bacon, baby romaine (I can get Romain or iceberg here and I don't care for iceberg) and cherry tomatoes cut in half. It made a very welcome light meal last night. I'm already looking to having this again. Maybe I should add that I microwaved the bacon wrapped in paper towels which absorb any cooked out fat.
- 10 slices center-cut bacon
- 1⁄4 cup light buttermilk dressing
- 1⁄4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (5 ounce) bag baby arugula, blend
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 4 slices whole grain bread (toasted and cut or torn into bite-size pieces)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon in a large skillet or microwave until crispy.
- Remove and crumble or cut into bite-size pieces.
- In a large bowl, whisk dressing, yogurt and water until smooth.
- Add arugula, tomatoes, onion and half the bacon; toss to mix and coat.
- Transfer to salad plates; top with remaining bacon and croutons.