Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
I recently got this recipe from a friend who brought it to a picnic. It needs to refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 1 lb thick-sliced bacon
- 2 large head romaine lettuce, washed, dried and cut into bite-size pieces (about 16 cups)
- 3 large ripe tomatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds, cored and cut into bite-size pieces)
- 1 cup whipped salad dressing (I use Miracle Whip)
- 1 teaspoon sodium-free seasoning, mix (such as Mrs. Dash)
- Cook bacon in large skillet about 6 minutes, until crispy.
- Drain on paper towels; crumble when cool.
- Place half of the lettuce in a 14-inch to 16-inch-cup salad or trifle bowl.
- Sprinkle half of the tomato pieces and half of the crumbled bacon over the lettuce.
- Press to compress ingredients.
- Spread half of the salad dressing over the top.
- Sprinkle with half the seasoning mix.
- Repeat layering with remaining lettuce, tomato (reserving some for garnish), bacon and dressing.
- Sprinkle top with remaining seasoning and reserved tomato.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.