Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the National Examiner.
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 2 large tomatoes, heirloom or 2 large tomatoes, your favorite
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, diced
- 1 cup buttermilk dressing, store bought or 1 cup buttermilk dressing, homemade
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp, crumbled
- Divide lettuce among four plates.
- Top with tomato slices, and avocado.
- Drizzle with 1/4 cup buttermilk ressing.
- Top each plate with crumbled bacon.
Great combination of flavors. I had every intention of using butter lettuce until I went to the grocery store and found out it was $4.59 for one head. I wound up using iceberg and to us it was still really great. I did lightly salt the avocado and tomato slices before drizzling on the salad dressing, which is simply personal preference for those foods.