Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
We had a couple of home grown tomatoes, and what is better than BLT's on a hot summer night? I didn't want same old sandwich, so I came up with this one. We love roasted garlic. You can use more or less or not at all, to your taste.
- 2 (12 inch) sandwich buns
- 8 garlic cloves, roasted
- 8 large spinach leaves
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 2 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 8 slices cooked bacon
- 4 tablespoons feta cheese
- Toast buns in oven till crispy.
- Spread roasted garlic over both insides of buns, then spread on the mayonnaise.
- Put on spinach leaves and lettuce leaves, four each per bun.
- Next add the tomato slices, salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle the feta cheese over tomatoes, top with the bacon.
- Close up the sandwich, press it down a little to keep everything in, cut in half, and enjoy.
very Tasty and a nice spin on it with the roasted garlic and spinach! Thanks
What an amazing sandwich! It really is a treat for the senses! I thought there was just a bit too much garlic (is there such a thing?). Next time I might just spread one clove on each sandwich. I added fresh basil leaves with the spinach. So delicious!
Simple to assemble and a great surprise to the tastebuds. We both loooved these and will be making them often! The roasted garlic, spinach, and feta are to die for flavors that take the BLT on fantastic voyage!! Mmmmm!!