Recipe by gardenlady
We had a couple of home grown tomatoes, and what is better than BLT's on a hot summer night? I didn't want same old sandwich, so I came up with this one. We love roasted garlic. You can use more or less or not at all, to your taste.
- 2 (12 inch) sandwich buns
- 8 garlic cloves, roasted
- 8 large spinach leaves
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 2 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 8 slices cooked bacon
- 4 tablespoons feta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast buns in oven till crispy.
- Spread roasted garlic over both insides of buns, then spread on the mayonnaise.
- Put on spinach leaves and lettuce leaves, four each per bun.
- Next add the tomato slices, salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle the feta cheese over tomatoes, top with the bacon.
- Close up the sandwich, press it down a little to keep everything in, cut in half, and enjoy.