Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
A wonderfully, different and very tasty rice dish with bacon, lettuce and tomatoes (BLT).
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1 cup converted rice (Uncle Ben's converted white rice is good)
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 3 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 12-in skillet, fry bacon.
- Remove bacon, and reserve 2-3 tbsp of drippings.
- Add the rice, water and 1 tsp of salt to the 2-3 tbsp drippings in the skillet.
- Bring to a boil; cover, simmer 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, let stand, covered until all liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream and 1 tsp salt; mix well.
- Stir in tomatoes, lettuce and green onion; mix well.
- Sprinkle with crumbled bacon.
- Serve at room temperature.