1 hr 5 mins
Taylor's Mommy's Note:
Around the holidays, you’re all for people just popping in. But they may never leave if you whip up BLT popovers. Saw this on Food Network and found on another site.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the popover pan, or muffin tins, in the oven. Heat the oven and pan to 350º.
- 2Gently warm the milk over low heat and set aside.
- 3Whisk the eggs until frothy and slowly whisk in the milk (so as not to cook the eggs). Set the mixture aside.
- 4Sift the flour with the salt. Slowly add this dry mixture to the egg mixture and gently combine until mostly smooth.
- 5Remove the popover pan from the oven and spray with nonstick vegetable spray.
- 6Fill each popover or muffin cup three-fourths full.
- 7Top each popover with approximately 2 ½ tablespoons of the grated cheese.
- 8Bake at 350º for 50 minutes, rotating pan half a turn after fifteen minutes, until the popovers are golden brown.
- 9Take out of oven, remove from pan, and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Christmas Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Christmas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BLT Restaurant Popovers
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.0
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 157.6 mg
- Sodium 1028.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 17.2 g