Recipe by SweetsLady
Got this for our Friday pizza night when I didn't have pizza sauce and wanted to make something different. It is from Taste Of Home. They loved it!
Top Review by adopt a greyhound
Loved it! Only used 6 slices bacon but made as written. Great flavors together. Used thin crust recipe and baked 8 min. 425 then put on sauce, cheese to melt another 8 min. Great.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (I prefer Miracle Whip) or 1⁄2 cup salad dressing (I prefer Miracle Whip)
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 (16 ounce) prepared pizza crust, Italian bread shell or 1 (16 ounce) your favorite homemade prepared pizza crust
- 12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, divided (I use turkey bacon)
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (I've used Monterey Jack instead as well)
- 3⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, basil, garlic powder and onion powder; refrigerate for 1/2 hour or more.
- Place the pizza crust on an ungreased 12-inch pizza pan.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture over crust.
- Set aside 1/4 cup bacon.
- Sprinkle remaining bacon, cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese on crust.
- Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 8 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted. If doing a homemade crust, I bake mine at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 25 to 30 minutes or until done.
- Top with lettuce, tomatoes, and reserved bacon.
- Cut into wedges and serve. Enjoy!