Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Got this for our Friday pizza night when I didn't have pizza sauce and wanted to make something different. It is from Taste Of Home. They loved it!
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (I prefer Miracle Whip) or 1⁄2 cup salad dressing (I prefer Miracle Whip)
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 (16 ounce) prepared pizza crust, Italian bread shell or 1 (16 ounce) your favorite homemade prepared pizza crust
- 12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, divided (I use turkey bacon)
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (I've used Monterey Jack instead as well)
- 3⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, basil, garlic powder and onion powder; refrigerate for 1/2 hour or more.
- Place the pizza crust on an ungreased 12-inch pizza pan.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture over crust.
- Set aside 1/4 cup bacon.
- Sprinkle remaining bacon, cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese on crust.
- Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 8 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted. If doing a homemade crust, I bake mine at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 25 to 30 minutes or until done.
- Top with lettuce, tomatoes, and reserved bacon.
- Cut into wedges and serve. Enjoy!
OMG, this was fantastic! I just used a stupid Jiffy pizza crust mix, and followed the pizza directions to a T. My hubby thinks this is the best pizza he ever had. The only thing I would do differently is double the amount of sauce. It has a wonderful flavor, but after the pizza was baked you couldn't taste it so much because of all of the other toppings. If I could give it 10 stars I would!
Excellent pizza - definitely worth wrecking the diet for!!
Made as instructed and was not disappointed. The interesting blend of flavors and textures was oh so pleasing to mine and my husband's mouths. This is a definite repeat.