Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Got this for our Friday pizza night when I didn't have pizza sauce and wanted to make something different. It is from Taste Of Home. They loved it!
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (I prefer Miracle Whip) or 1⁄2 cup salad dressing (I prefer Miracle Whip)
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 (16 ounce) prepared pizza crust, Italian bread shell or 1 (16 ounce) your favorite homemade prepared pizza crust
- 12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, divided (I use turkey bacon)
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (I've used Monterey Jack instead as well)
- 3⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, basil, garlic powder and onion powder; refrigerate for 1/2 hour or more.
- Place the pizza crust on an ungreased 12-inch pizza pan.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture over crust.
- Set aside 1/4 cup bacon.
- Sprinkle remaining bacon, cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese on crust.
- Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 8 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted. If doing a homemade crust, I bake mine at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 25 to 30 minutes or until done.
- Top with lettuce, tomatoes, and reserved bacon.
- Cut into wedges and serve. Enjoy!
OMG, this was fantastic! I just used a stupid Jiffy pizza crust mix, and followed the pizza directions to a T. My hubby thinks this is the best pizza he ever had. The only thing I would do differently is double the amount of sauce. It has a wonderful flavor, but after the pizza was baked you couldn't taste it so much because of all of the other toppings. If I could give it 10 stars I would!
Loved it! Only used 6 slices bacon but made as written. Great flavors together. Used thin crust recipe and baked 8 min. 425 then put on sauce, cheese to melt another 8 min. Great.
Excellent pizza - definitely worth wrecking the diet for!!