Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe from a friend (not sure where it came from originally). Great finger food for get togethers! To save time I sometimes substitute Real Bacon Bits (found in the salad dressing section of the grocery store)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons chunky salsa
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 flour tortillas
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- In small bowl, mix mayonnaise, cream cheese, salsa and mustard until well blended. Stir in bacon.
- Spread mixture evenly over tortillas. Top with tomatoes and lettuce. Tightly roll up tortillas and wrap individually in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour but no longer than 8 hours. Cut into one inch slices.
I made this for lunch today using one tortilla ~ divided the recipe by 1/3. I chopped grape tomatoes, salted them, and pressed them in a strainer to remove the juice. I added some cilantro, but next time, I will reduce the mayo slightly, and add a little garlic powder, and a dash of cayenne to kick it up a notch! As you can see from my photos, I really need to practice my pinwheel skills ~ :) Made for one of my 2009 Fall PAC adoptions ~