Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 min
A tasty appetizer for those holiday parties that is very attractive and easy to make. For an interesting and healthy variation try using turkey bacon, light mayo and spinach as substitutes. I like this recipe because there are a lot of variations that can be made with this very basic idea. I hope you like these as much as my family, they disappeared in 5 minutes flat! Cook time is refridgeration time.
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 6 slices cooked bacon or 6 slices cooked turkey bacon, crumbled
- 3 (9 inch) spinach tortillas or 27 inches tomato tortillas
- 1 cup chopped Italian plum tomato, seeded
- 1 1⁄2 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- In a small bowl mix cream cheese, mayo, and sun dried tomatoes.
- Add bacon but be careful not to crumble it too much.
- Spread mayo mixture over tortillas and top each with plum tomatoes and lettuce.
- Roll tightly and secure in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerated for one hour so they get firm.
- To serve cut each roll into 1 inch thick sliced with a serrated knife.
- A regular knife will squish them!
These were great! I added much more bacon than the recipe calls for. I also added 1/2 t onion powder and a 1/2 t garlic powder to the cream cheese mixture(which, I too, doubled). To the lettuce I chopped up a couple of scalions that I had left over and didn't want to go bad. Great flavors!
I made this for an office party and it was a hit! It was perfect as I could make it up the night before, transport to my office, stick it in the fridge and then slice right before serving. I used my own dehydrated tomatoes and spinach tortillas. Thanks Blink :)
I made these with tomato tortillas and they looked beautiful on my tray. I knew I had to make these while the tomatoes still have good flavor. My guests all loved them. Thank you for sharing with us.