This pasta salad is a healthy, filling meal or a great side dish at a potluck. A great way to use up summer's abundance of tomatoes!
- 3 2⁄3 cups cooked whole wheat elbow macaroni (about 8 ounces uncooked)
- 4 cups seeded coarsely chopped tomatoes (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 4 slices turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup plain low-fat yogurt, drained
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; toss gently.
- Combine mayonnaise and next 6 ingredients; stir well.
- Add dressing to salad and toss gently. Serve immediately.