Recipe by ATouchofZing
This pasta salad is a healthy, filling meal or a great side dish at a potluck. A great way to use up summer's abundance of tomatoes!
Top Review by KitchieWitchyGoo
Made this for the Super Bowl and everyone dug in and polished it off by the end of the game. I used regular bacon in place of the turkey, and used regular mayonnaise for us! This recipe will be repeated at my house! Goal winning recipe right here!
- 3 2⁄3 cups cooked whole wheat elbow macaroni (about 8 ounces uncooked)
- 4 cups seeded coarsely chopped tomatoes (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 4 slices turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup plain low-fat yogurt, drained
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; toss gently.
- Combine mayonnaise and next 6 ingredients; stir well.
- Add dressing to salad and toss gently. Serve immediately.