Top Review by Ruth in Iowa
This recipe was quite good. My husband was pleased with it and requested that I keep it to make again. Plan to make it for summer picnics as well. I did not have chili sauce on hand so substituted cocktail sauce and a bit of chili powder. Next time I will try the chili sauce to see what difference it makes.
- 7 ounces elbow macaroni or 7 ounces pasta shells or 7 ounces spiral shaped pasta, cooked and drained
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon light brown sugar, to taste
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 4 roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 4 cups thinly sliced lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine mayonnaise, chili sauce, lemon juice, bouillon, sugar, and Tabasco; stir in cooked pasta, tomato and onions.
- Cover and chill for at least an hour.
- Just before serving, stir in bacon; serve on beds of lettuce.
- Refrigerate leftovers.