Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This has been in my recipe box forever so I'm not sure where it came from. This is light so a good pick for those hot days when you just don't feel like eating much.
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup salad dressing
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice concentrate
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons chicken flavor instant bouillon
- 1 (7 ounce) package rotini pasta or 1 (7 ounce) package other pastas, cooked and drained
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 4 cups lettuce, thinly sliced
- Combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, sugar and bouillon for the dressing.
- Combine rotini, bacon, tomato, and green onion.
- I recommend waiting until you are ready to serve before mixing in the lettuce.
A neat combo of flavors. Having made this a couple of times, first per the recipe, here are the things I would change: Add 1/2 the dressing, let the pasta salad chill, at serving time add lettuce, remainder of dressing and toss. Use 12 Oz. pasta, not 7. Use 1 more slice of bacon. Add 1 more tomato. Substitute chopped red onion for green onion and increase the amount.
This is a fabulous salad! I took it to a pool party, and there wasn't a sniff left. I was afraid the lettuce would wilt when mixed in, so I just layered it on top. I was also a little put off by the amount of Realemon, but I made it exactly as written, and it was wonderful! I'll be making this again on a regular basis. Great take-along dish.
This is my husbands favorite summer salad. The only adaption that I made was substituting thinly sliced celery for the lettuce. I don't have to worry about the lettuce wilting and it holds up better in the fridge.