Prep 2 mins
Cook 30 mins
Serve over a (The 'L') lettuce leaf with a couple extra wedges of fresh tomatoes or melon slices. What a great excuse for a girl’s luncheon! Crackers, lemonade, ice tea, sorbet..... it’s time.
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni (use your favorite shaped pasta)
- 1 1⁄4 cups mayonnaise (I prefer Miracle Whip)
- 5 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb bacon, cooked crisp, drained, and crumbled
- 1 head bibb lettuce (or whatever you like)
The -T- and Stir-ins
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 -2 tomatoes, diced and seeded
- 1 1⁄4 cups celery, diced
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, rinse and cool.
- Toss the stir-ins with the cooled pasta.
- Mix dressing ingredients together in a small dish. Stir well.
- Pour dressing over pasta mixture, toss to coat well, cover and chill at least two hours, best if longer.
- Just before serving, stir in your crumbled bacon. Toss to coat.
- Serve with the 'B' and 'T' with the 'L' and maybe some extra 'T' wedges.
This is a great pasta salad which I made 1/4 of the recipe for my lunch. I loved the added bacon with pasta salad. I too used miracle whip rather than mayonnaise. Next time I would cut back on the vinegar and just give a splash of it. Thanks for sharing Jess!! Made for PRMR.
A great salad for lunch. I really enjoyed this, and it is easy to throw together for work lunches. Made for Fall 2007 PAC.