Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found this on the internet -- sounds great! Love the ingredients, looks easy to put together -- always a plus!
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh basil, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh oregano, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups roma tomatoes, diced (about 3 tomatoes)
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 9 ounces pasta, cooked according to package directions
- bibb lettuce, for garnish (optional)
- Warm olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-low heat. When the oil is warm, add salt, pepper, garlic, basil and oregano; cook 1 minute, stirring.
- Add tomatoes, red onion and bacon pieces; cook about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add pasta and toss all together.
- Garnish with lettuce leaves if you wish. Otherwise, just enjoy!
i liked this quite well. I used a lot more of the fresh herbs - even so, they seemed to disappear, so I might use more next time. I had prepared the bacon and tomatoes earlier, so cooked a bit longer to warm them through. I had to explain repeatedly that no, there is no cheese, no the sauce is supposed to be rough chopped. But at the end, every bit was gone. I served as an entree, but I think it would work very nicely as a side dish to plain grilled meat.
I like the flavor, but was not sure if it was to be served hot or cold, so I tried it both ways. When it was cold, I ended up adding some mayo. I tried this for My Three Chefs 08. Thank you!