Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
An Australian Women's Weekly recipe from "Cafe Favourites" cookbook. Recipe uses rindless shortcut bacon, but suggests that you could use trimmed bacon rashers
- 12 slices rindless shortcut bacon (420 grams)
- 4 large croissants
- 2 small tomatoes, thinkly sliced
- 8 large butter lettuce leaves (can use any green lettuce of choice)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 teaspoons flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat grill or toaster oven.
- Cook bacon in a large frying pan until crisp.
- Meanwhile make the aioli- mix aioli ingredients together- set aside.
- Toast croissants under the grill for about 30 seconds.
- Split croissants in half; spread aioli over one half of each croissant (botton half) and then top with bacon, tomato, lettuce and remaining croissant half.
I used turkey bacon for these BLT sandwiches and dried parsley instead of fresh. Sliced the croissants in half and put them on a cookie sheet to toast in the oven for a few minutes. The aioli is awesome and makes this sandwich stand apart from any other BLT I have had. I did use minced garlic instead of crushed and eyeballed the amount to add. Will definitely be making these again! Made and reviewed for the Aussie/NewZealand Forums Recipe Swap #65 - June 2012.