Recipe by KeyWee
If I get asked for this recipe one more time, I will scream - just kidding! This is a great do-ahead appetizer. A good recipe to have for your summer garden abundance (and parties!). Only 145 days til July!
Top Review by Terri F.
I couldn't find cherry tomatoes this time of year, so I used sweet grape tomatoes. They are smaller, but still held the filling. As I was making these, DH was grabbing them as fast as I could make them. These are definately a hit! Thanks for sharing.
- 48 whole cherry tomatoes
- 1 lb bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 green onions (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (snipped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato.
- Scoop out and discard the pulp (I use the handle end of a small teaspoon, or use a melon-baller).
- Invert tomatoes on paper towels to drain.
- In a small bowl, combine all remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon into tomatoes.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.