Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
If I get asked for this recipe one more time, I will scream - just kidding! This is a great do-ahead appetizer. A good recipe to have for your summer garden abundance (and parties!). Only 145 days til July!
- 48 whole cherry tomatoes
- 1 lb bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 green onions (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (snipped)
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato.
- Scoop out and discard the pulp (I use the handle end of a small teaspoon, or use a melon-baller).
- Invert tomatoes on paper towels to drain.
- In a small bowl, combine all remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon into tomatoes.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
I couldn't find cherry tomatoes this time of year, so I used sweet grape tomatoes. They are smaller, but still held the filling. As I was making these, DH was grabbing them as fast as I could make them. These are definately a hit! Thanks for sharing.
Kelly, well you did it, these were a hit at the party! I will admit however, they are time consuming to make, it would have been great if I'd had some extra hands around the house to do this with me. Be sure the cherry tomatoes are not smooshy at all as that does make them difficult but all in all these were great and a good "conversation piece" as well :}
Yum! I decided to cut the recipe to 1/3, using 16 cherry tomatoes, and try this recipe out on my family. My boyfriend absolutely loved them, he couldn't keep his hands off the plate after he tried one! They were gone pretty quick, even without a large crowd. Maybe next time I'll make them for a barbeque or party, but I'd be careful about leaving them out long -- nothing worse than guests getting sick off spoiled mayonnaise :( Thanks for the recipe, I never would've thought this up on my own. I'll definitely be using this one again in the future! :)