Recipe by Nicole Brummett
I got this one from Quick Cooking magazine. These muffins are delicious. These are great for a snack, appetizer, bake sale, or food gift. Really good served with cream cheese also.
Top Review by bernie1
This recipe is the tastiest, most unusual in ingredients... yet so easy! I didn't even have to make major changes for the conversion from American terminology to South African! It has come to Africa!!!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (DO NOT substitute with light or fat free mayo)
- 3⁄4 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled (about 12 strips)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped seeded plum tomato
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and sugar.
- In another bowl, beat milk and mayonnaise until smooth.
- Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in the bacon, tomatoes, and parsley.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin or mini muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400° for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Serve warm.